Attic Wall

Rashid_Garuba

AS David pointed out you can make the courses line up but the exposure will change.  As long as it meets manufacturers specs that is fine.  Decreasing the exposure is usually no problem.  If the courses meeting is more aesthetically pleasing to you/client than the exposure then all is well. 

David - I did not review the whole plan as you did but only the gap mentioned in the original post.  Never looked to moldings/trim.  Are you a detective on the side?  ;o)

Guys,

The Roofs are refusing to meet the attic wall in the Y direction.. See Attic floor.. Adjusting the wall in 3d in the Z direction does not fill the gap. The problem is Roofs think the attic wall has brick on it like the lower wall so don't fill the gap.

David.. Thanks so much for you efforts and I have drawn friezes in Elevations before BUT I prefer to resolve the real problem first. There is a good chance the roof pitches mar be changed soon as well.

As a last resort, yes.. but not there yet.

post-978-0-64456400-1430593192_thumb.png

the problem is after removing the brick , the roof wasn't/hasn't (cant?)  been Rebuilt ?  and the roof plane under that section is short and why you also have no Frieze in that area or the other side if you look from the other direction.

ie it's not the wall that's the issue it is the roof plane below that area pull it back to the Attic wall and all will be healed :)

PS that is one busy roof plane area ! 

..........Ooh on a quick spin around the house I noticed two other roof issues , see the pics...

M.

post-315-0-89246500-1430786729_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-68069100-1430786742_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-91175600-1430786751_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-98225800-1430786764_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-87252800-1430786777_thumb.jpg

This Roof return area is the BULK of my work so I am VERY bothered to spend hours on it and the Elevation views still looks like crap because of the number of Roof planes I had to use.. And when copied to others they are slightly different... enough to irritate.

THE ultimate solution here MAY be to draw ALL frieze boards manually... Not worth the pain trying to get them to work automatically. with the types of Roofs I do. In my 2D world these are are pre-drawn so I spend maybe 5 minutes on them.

Mick,

Thanks for helping... Who would have thought to pull the Roof plane to the BACK of the wall?..

Did you notice the wall now shows in the window?

(Fixed the other Roofs a while back..)

Yes that was a bit strange , not sure why it snapped to the back , but like many thing in CA .....don't fight it , or the frustration level goes WAY up:)

M.