Framing Control

pktraylor

Here is my problem,

I built the flooring and had to select a delete several parts while in the plan view.

Next I built the walls and have got several window and door framiing problems. My problem is I can not select the hearers or any wall parts to delete!

Also , I need to delete all the wall framing and start over. But how?....

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask the question in a different way. I want to delete one door heade and replace it with a smaller metal one. As in the case of deleting floor studs in the plan view I would just select he stud and hit delete. As for the walls studs I can not select a single stud?

The easiest way to edit wall framing is to open the wall detail.  Also, you can rebuild wall framing for any wall at any time using the edit toolbar.  And, I would recommend that you change your header specs in the door dialog (or door defaults if you want them all to be the same) rather then editing the framing directly.

As for why you can't select the wall studs in plan view, I'm not sure why you are having a problem.  Are you using the tab key to get the stud?

Select the wall that has the header in you want to delete. While selected go to the bottom and select "wall detail" icon (attachment). This will open the framing layout for that wall. Delete the header and make your changes. Don't forget to check "retain wall framing" in the wall specifications under the "structure" tab once you made your changes for this wall. I think this is what your after.

post-76-0-96089300-1430230005_thumb.jpg