Dialog Windows

lizdion

Is there a way to control where the dialog windows pop up on screen? I use a monitor connected to a laptop. Usually I have Chief on the monitor and photos or other references on the laptop screen. When I open a dialog, I would like it to be on the monitor but it pops up on the laptop. I drag it over and next time that dialog comes in on the monitor. But each type of dialog is on the laptop until I move it.

Seems like it used to all pop up in front of the Chief window on the monitor. Sometimes I drag tabs over to the monitor for a 3d window. It may have changed when I first did that.

Liz

They will usually open the 1st time you use them on whichever screen is designated the  "primary" screen by Windows but after that they should open per the way the Preferences are set ,as per Glenn's post above.  Ie drag them to where you want them always , and close it , and it should open in that spot next time.

might get a bit confusing if you disconnect your laptop often?  

I do disconnect my laptop every day and take it home. Monitor is at the office. An almost perfect system for my needs. So I have to drag every box to where I want it the first time I use it everyday. Seems that didn't happen until I realized I could drag a window tab to the laptop screen and use both screens. Now it opens the dialog on the laptop even when I do not have a Chief window there.

I will try to remember to set the monitor as Primary screen when I connect to it. Thanks for that tip, Mick.

Liz