Proper Way To Delete A Porch & Balcony?

ACADuser

Wanting to delete a porch and balcony I started with the first floor & deleted the invisible walls I used to define it,

So the automatic walls were created. Deleted them too.

Went upstairs & deleted the balcony walls as well but still have wall artifacts on the first floor.

What is the proper procedure for deleting these rooms?

Invisible wall type segments on the first floor. projecting out from the exterior wall as if the porch was still there.

Only these side walls, not the end wall to complete the room.

Apparently created by CA from the balcony room above when I deleted the porch room on the first floor.

I kept deleting them until they did not return.

I may be able to recreate this condition, if so I'll upload the plan.

Curt,

Just rebuilt porch & balcony, went to 2nd floor & tried you method.

It left two side walls on 1st floor that I had to delete.

Better that before.

I get the impression that you have to delete from 2nd floor down. & auto walls will be limited & then just delete them.

Not much spare time today to fool with it. Just a quirky think in CA I guess.

I think what you are seeing is merely Chief Architect being itself to the degree that it has some basic functions in terms of creating automaticly generated walls often whether they might or might be wanted in plan view or not. These walls are always to be identified by opening their dialog box-General Tab and they will be checked "No Room Define, No Locate and Attic Wall", that is how they can be identified for sure. They reside automatically on a layer called "Walls, Attic" and so can be turned on or off in plan or camera views. Deleting such walls merely prompts Chief to instantly replace them. This function can be turned off in "3D Preferences" but you will then have holes and missing rake walls in your elevation and camera views.

Like Joe said, we are not clairvoyant or psychic so also posting images and or a copy of your problem plan helps those who would want to help you.

DJP 

Thanks David.

I though I was clear. Seems you under stood.

So I guess the proper way to delete the balcony & porch was to turn off the auto walls & when done turn back on.

I'll have to add this to my "You need to remember this in 6 months when you do this again" file.  B)