Boxed Out Window

SusanC

Hi,

If I want to show a series of 3 boxed out windows across a wall similar to the attached photo (photo shows only one window, I will need wall space inbetween each of my 3).  How could I achieve that?  It does not appear to be possible to adjust the depth of the window in the window dbx.  So, I tried these work arounds which have not quite achieved what I am after.

1.  I tried making the exterior wall 15" thick and placed the 3 windows in it, which automatically makes the window depth correct and looks fine from the perspective views inside, but incorrect in plan view.

2.  I tried boxing out the wall, but the depth of the window stays the depth of the wall and looks correct from plan view, but not perspective view.  Same issue if I used the boxed out window tool from the window tools.  

3.  Garden window does not appear to allow adjustment of depth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Susan

post-558-0-44039100-1428181014_thumb.png

I cannot see the exterior side of your photo but from the inside it merely looks like the window is framed into a 10" thick wall as opposed to being a box window in the usual sense (a window that projects out of the wall in which it is framed). There is a box bay window tool and there is a "Garden Window" symbol.

If you can say with certainty what the window looks like on the exterior side, I think a more positive and certain answer might then be offered.

DJP

post-81-0-99961400-1428182225_thumb.jpg

Depending on what the real construction is as DJP mentioned , you can use a window AND a Window Passthru to get this effect , you may need to pull the bottom of the window box up in an elevation view though. Can make for a messy plan view ,make sure to  suppress Sills and Casings as as needed on the interior and exterior walls.

post-315-0-05473700-1428196840_thumb.jpg

The Box window works to in some situations but the casing won't move out even if you make the frame say 16" deep.....I'm thinking that's a bug?

M.