Home Designer 2014 Monolithic Slab

KnarrlyViking

I'm working on our house design in Home Designer Pro 2014.  I intend to do the design to a level that I can take to the building department.  Hit what I think is my first speed bump.

I'd like to specify the monolithic slab foundation, but I'm not seeing where I can change the edge foundation footing width or height.  If I were doing stem walls with footings, I'd be set, because there's options for specifying what the footings dimensions are and the stem walls.  Any way of specifying the monolithic footings, or am I stuck using CAD to get the job done?

I'm working on our house design in Home Designer Pro 2014. I intend to do the design to a level that I can take to the building department. Hit what I think is my first speed bump.

I'd like to specify the monolithic slab foundation, but I'm not seeing where I can change the edge foundation footing width or height. If I were doing stem walls with footings, I'd be set, because there's options for specifying what the footings dimensions are and the stem walls. Any way of specifying the monolithic footings, or am I stuck using CAD to get the job done?

KV assuming HD2014 has these tools, in the build foundations dialogue box, check the radio button for monolithic slab then set the slab height as desired then hit the Edit Default Slab footing and open up the next dialogue box and set your footing sizes etc.

See how you go and if HDPro 2014 will let you do this.

If you need work arounds Perry H is the mono slab fastest gun in the west, email him or Scott H the fastest gattling gun all round Chiefer in the west.

Oh! wait a second Chiefers whould be fastest bow an arrows in the west?

• Like 1

I don't have HD2014 so I'm not sure if I can open your plan, I only use X7. But floor heights will generate your auto slab height but you may have to manually adjust each footing with a multi level house. You can post the plan and I'll look at it , if I can.

Okay, so I think I've figured it out.  Thanks Joe for keying me in on the build foundation wall trick.  I found I could slightly modify this solution with the following:

1) Build foundation using the monolithic slab radio button.  (this builds the HD default monolithic slab with 12" deep 16" wide edge footings and 4" x 4" chamfers to the 4" thick slab)

2) On the foundation level, select each foundation wall and modify the details in the Foundation tab of the Footing Specification.

3) Footing width, footing height, and Chamfer width, Chamfer height, can then be set to what I need.

4) I found that the Curb Width has to be set to my footing width for the house foundation, and stem wall width for the garage.

Thanks for the help.  I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

Mark

After you create the Slab Foundation, Switch to Stem Walls and draw over the Exterior Footings with "Foundation Walls".  You might need to check the box for "Slab at top of Stem Wall".

Thanks Joe, we hardly use stem walls down under and you are quickly becoming one of the Chiefs of the Chiefers in the US. I like your logical work around methods.

So HDPro 2014 must have been derived from X5 or KV would not have been able to do that Job.

Thanks to Perry for pushing mono slabs to be further developed before X5 came out or KV would have had real trouble.

Glen made it on the Panel and I am very glad we have an Aussie to help us with the way we do things down under.

Can we draw a manual footing beam with reinforcement in it so that it will report to the ML yet?

Our mono slabs have internal footing beams crisscrossing like a grillage raft slab but not so deep. We also have Waffle Pod footing systems with narrower footing beams like a grillage raft that we need to have a way of drawing with reinforcement being calculated out to the ML.

• Like 1