antoine

3D Connection Space Mouse

hi all,

can the 3D Connection Space Mouse work with CA X7?

This is a valid question - I'm surprised that no one at Chief Architect has answered or commented.  Using the space mouse in sketchup is one of the most valuable tools that I use, not being able to use it in chief is a huge downside to the program (especially during a client 3d presentation)

Comments from the people at 3dConnexion say that it is a fairly simple programming change to the software

Looking forward to some discussion here

I asked CA a while back. They said no.

"looking into it" sounds promising.

It'll definitely get my vote.  I use a spacenavigator with Sketchup, it makes a huge difference to navigating around a 3D model.  I can't believe that it'll be too difficult to integrate it.  3Dconnection have an SDK readily available and if CA want to play in the same field as Autosketch and Auto-CAD, among many others, then I'm sure 3Dconnexion would be delighted to have them on board.

CA, were is your comment?

Since there hasn't been a major release since this post started...I'm guessing nothing has changed.

Hello,

Thank you for the post and question.  Compatibility with the 3dConnexion mouse will be a feature in the upcoming Chief Architect X8 release.  Here is a video about this new feature. 

http://video.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?autoplay=11054  (click play button to start the video)

You can learn how to follow announcements about new features coming in X8 on this Chief Talk thread.  https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/7441-x8-sneak-peek/

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Sales