Creating HVAC Ductwork/Attach a "Library" Vent to a shape.

jjifmeyer

I have created a make shift HVAC box duct from a shape and brought it up to the ceiling.

It looks fine in 3d.

Trying to attach some HVAC vents from the library but they appear to be smart object's that will only attach to the wall.

Is there a way force them to attach to the make shift box duct I created?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 11.04.18 AM.png

1 hour ago, GaryOhmer said:

use cntr select and you should be able to move anywhere you want

That did not work it just allows me to move it behind the box but it still stays attached to the wall.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 1.40.07 PM.png

That's a window symbol so it's not going to work.   I think they are meant to be used in a foundation wall as a vent and can't be moved out of the wall.  Search the library to see if you have a  wall register that will work.

18 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

That's a window symbol so it's not going to work.  Search the library to see if you have a  wall register that will work.

I found the wall register but it still wants to stay attched to the wall and will not let me put it on my make shift duct.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 2.48.36 PM.png

You should be able to move it out from the wall in a plan view and then position it vertically in an elevation view.  It won't actually attach to the solid but it should look fine in both views.  You might be able to block them together but I'm not sure it is really necessary.

11 hours ago, DBCooper said:

You should be able to move it out from the wall in a plan view and then position it vertically in an elevation view.  It won't actually attach to the solid but it should look fine in both views.  You might be able to block them together but I'm not sure it is really necessary.

Thanks, that worked. I guess I was just over thinking it too much.