Regular Polygons for Walls

chammons922

I've been wanting to design a house that is "round" by way of being a regular polygon with multiple (20) eight-foot wall segments.  A Deltec house, if anyone here is familiar with that.  I've not found an easy way to edit the very specific allowable wall angles for so many different walls.  Suggestions?

Probably not available in HD Pro.

See if you have the tool for polygon decks.  Then you could change the deck rails into walls (making sure to change the wall type to something more appropriate) and then change the deck room type into something else.

If not, see if you have the cad tool under boxes.  Then you could draw your walls snapped to the cad lines.

If not, you should still be able to lay it out manually.  Just set each wall length first and then the angle going around clockwise.

16 hours ago, glennw said:

Are you saying this is crude?

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 9.47.26 am.jpg

As it is, restricted to decks only?  Yes, it's crude.  Do I have to manually go in and try and convert the floor of the deck and each section of railing to try and make interior with a roof?

My pop up window does not say "New Regular Polygon" like yours does.  It says "New Polygon Shaped Deck".  There is no option to create an interior space as a regular polygon in any submenu.

2 hours ago, chammons922 said:

Do I have to manually go in and try and convert the floor of the deck and each section of railing to try and make interior with a roof?

Yes, but it's only a few extra steps to adjust and still a lot easier than trying to manually draw 20 walls at necessary angles.

Just need to use it to create the polygon shaped deck, then change the rails to walls and deck to a room.

After making your polygon deck, open the deck room and change it from a Deck to whatever other room type, that changes the floor/ceiling/etc. Even just making it an Unspecified room should do all that.

Had to make sure Home Designer has this tool, looks like it does:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00624/group-selecting-objects.html

Select one of the railings, use the Marquee Select Similar this article mentions at the bottom, then Select All, open them and uncheck Railing, then set their wall type to something more appropriate.

2 hours ago, chammons922 said:

My pop up window does not say "New Regular Polygon" like yours does

Disregard this, he showed a different (but very similar and related) tool that make a CAD polygon in the same manner.