X16 Not able to Import Calibz Files

EmVann

Go to solution Solved by Renerabbitt,

Hey there everyone!

I am a new user who just recently started using this program and I am in a bind on how to go about understanding how Calibz files works. 
Long story short, I had recently downloaded Rabbit Designs Free symbols which are Calibz Files and I was notified that it would or should work on X15+ newer version. However I am unable to import the files successfully. 
Is there something I am doing wrong that someone may advise? I also did the drag and drop onto the open window- which didn't work.

Much thanks for your understanding and patience everyone. 

8 minutes ago, EmVann said:

This is just one of many of Rabbit Designs Calibz I downloaded. All of them was not able to import.
https://www.rabbittdesign.net/symbols <-- this is where I downloaded the files.

Rabs+Sink+Faucet+and+Chop+Combo.calibz 5.65 MB · 1 download

Can you screenshot any dialog messages you get when you try and import?
Can you screenshot your library browser?
I just dragged and dropped the file you uploaded and it installed right away

4 minutes ago, EmVann said:

573987590_Cantimport.thumb.png.e5b0d8b86c7efa1f09ab11fe084a54e4.pngHere you go! 

can you screenshot the part of your library that is the user catalog. It seems like you've already successfully installed these items which will be in your user catalog

4 minutes ago, EmVann said:

library.png

Library 2.png

library 3.png

library 4.png

library 5.png

library 6.png

none of those screenshots are showing your user catalog. Its been a long while since I had zero items in my user catalog but I believe by default it still shows up even if you have no items in it

Just now, EmVann said:

I copy to User Catalog but it doesnt show any folder

do you have any active filters in your search, please cancel any filters you have. on youre previous search you had bathroom mirrors and frames as an active filter

4 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

do you have any active filters in your search, please cancel any filters you have. on youre previous search you had bathroom mirrors and frames as an active filter

Nope, I cancel all filters. I even went to the data folder and don't see a user folder as well in the Premier data Folder

6 minutes ago, EmVann said:

I have these two errors when i restart my program

Error.png

error 2.png

I personally suggest that you change the location of your data folder as it is in the Documents folder which is a folder that by default in win 11 is on OneDrive and onedrive can cause problems with chiefs database system. You should call in to their support

• Solution
1 minute ago, EmVann said:

Ah okay thank you. I redirected the Data folder to another location but it still shows the error. :( thank you maybe i should reinstall who knows.

Try deleting the user library data file with chief closed and then re-open chief and it will rebuild the file 

• Upvote 1

Here are a couple of tech articles that might help:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01759/troubleshooting-compatibility-problems-with-library-content.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02772/troubleshooting-library-download-issues.html

You may want to contact tech support on this one though because your user library might be corrupt.

14 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Try deleting the user library data file with chief closed and then re-open chief and it will rebuild the file 

It worked! also successfully imported your files as well! yay! i also relocated the folders beforehand. thank you alot!