What is this?

westvale

I've been working on this model for some time and have not been able to figure out what this white line is here.  I've looked in plan with all layers turned on and can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.744c0c4d16afe0af3da0c2a2e9d36ab7.png                                Close up: image.thumb.png.20fd80779a9ad5f6067bb45a672b84a8.png

My guess is it is something else in your plan that has nothing to do with your cabinets.  Can you see it in any other camera views?  Can you click on it?

I bet if you posted your plan someone could find it pretty quick.

17 hours ago, DBCooper said:

My guess is it is something else in your plan that has nothing to do with your cabinets.  Can you see it in any other camera views?  Can you click on it?

I bet if you posted your plan someone could find it pretty quick.

I never seem to be able to do this because my files are always bigger than the 14 MB max file size.  Is there some way around this?

1 hour ago, westvale said:

Does this work? I circled the areas that relate to each other.

2081497985_CAissue.thumb.png.74f59e344f74353f2b341e986d705db6.png

Perhaps check your roof planes are joined correctly, when they aren't chief will sometimes shoot out spurious fascia and shadow boards anywhere from 5-50ft long

( note the green dashed lines in plan view )

M.

• Like 1

I never seem to be able to do this because my files are always bigger than the 14 MB max file size.  Is there some way around this?

You can "zip" it which will make a compressed archive file that is much smaller.  You can do a save as and delete all of the stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the problem.  Sometimes you even get lucky when you are deleting things because the problem actually goes away giving you a big clue what is causing it.  Or, you can post it on the cloud (like dropbox or google drive) and then include a link to it.

As for the phantom object, it might be a fascia like Mick suggested.  If you select the camera in plan view, it will usually show you where the cutting plane is and this can help you tell if it is going through an object you didn't expect.  Turning on all layers in plan view can help with problems like this.  Sometimes you have to look at other floors as well because you can have objects with wrong heights that can show up unexpected places in camera views.