Prevent Wall From Shortening Itslef

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Not sure if that is the best title. Pretty sure there is a work around for this but can't remember it or find it.

I have a half (wall with cabinet door panels on one side) that has to butt up to an full height interior wall.

There is a counter that overhangs the half wall by an inch. I need the counter to butt into the interior wall and not extend past it.

IF I extend the half wall to meet the interior wall then the interior wall automatically shortens to meet it so the counter will then stick past.

post-85-0-75319100-1425751689_thumb.png

When is a wall not a wall? When it is actually a soffit, slab or poly-line solid. Walls can be a little tricky to precisely dimension so overlaying a pesky wall is sometimes a solution. In terms of the base cabinet counter top, well there are settings for that in the Cabinet Specification Dailog ("flat sides, flat back, overhang setting input etc). Just do what you must to get the look you require.

DJP

I have no trouble with the cabinets or the counter- only problem is the wall. I'd prefer to draw it as such for the final documents- for this part I have to specify the framing. If I have to go to psolids and cad and manually add framing with cad then I know how to do that.