Twin Motion Plug in

winterdd

41 minutes ago, winterdd said:

Guys, its late in the game for me but I finally am trying twin motion. Which plugin do you use for CA?

image.thumb.png.df033770d2c7a18f3a3e4e6f0bba4869.png

no plugin, just export as 3ds or dae and import into twinmotion

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, basketballman said:

.DAE has less issues for me than .3DS

I just don't like component grouping based on a material since twinmotion cant distinguish one room from another, so if you have the same color paint in chief architect on a through wall, you wont be able to change room color from room to room in twinmotion

• Upvote 1

@winterdd

You don’t really need a plug-in. 

Let’s say you worked on your model in TM, adding landscaping and adjusting material, etc, then your client asks you to change a million things.

Just go back in Chief and make the changes, and re-export your Collada or 3ds model. 

Re-import the updated model, but select “keep scene material” not “use imported material”.

The new model will import with your changes in Chief, but will take on the prior adjusted materials from TM.

Of course you should delete your old model from the scene and delete the old model from the Import pane in TM. Although you could keep both models and switch by changing the visibility to see the before and after.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Downloaded TM and the launcher and my PC went nuts last night. Blinking, flashing, color distort etc.

Per my PC specs below this should not have happened and all my drivers are up to date.

What happens when you open TM without bringing in a model? If everything looks smooth... it's not the software. 

Possible issue...   your model may be undergoing some Z fighting. Materials can bleed through one another if they're paper thin. 

Secondly... a model which doesn't have a close relationship to the point of origin (0-0) can result in z fighting as well. Try this... Take a 3D perspective overview in Chief. Turn off terrain. Get rid of any cars or 3D stuff which you won't need. 

Then make the .dae model for export.  

This could be true......I did have cars and plants/trees in the model. But even when I shut TM down and went back into CA that is where everything starting having the issues I mentioned above.