Angled wall meeting a straight wall creates a point

StephenM

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I have an angled wall meeting a straight wall and it creates a point but I want the the last 4 inches on the straight wall to square off. 

I've attached a picture of what It's doing and used dashed lines for what I want.

TIA for the help.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 7.10.47 PM.png

30 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I've attached a picture of what It's doing and used dashed lines for what I want

Your almost there Stephen.  Where you have that dashed line, put a room divider line there and it should work.  That room divider line will be in your wall pulldowns if you didn't know.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 213920.png

20 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Your almost there Stephen.  Where you have that dashed line, put a room divider line there and it should work.  That room divider line will be in your wall pulldowns if you didn't know.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 213920.png

Thanks for the help @mtldesigns. I tried putting a room divider in and nothing changed, so I want it. right at the angle or at the end?

9 hours ago, StephenM said:

at the end

Sorry, wife had me putting up shelves all evening after work.  IKEA is becoming a PITB.  Nice stuff, easy to put together. But mounting 8 of these things to a wall was just the best time ever..

To your wall..  Hope you figured it out since I was absent.

You can see the dashed line is my divider wall, dim'd 4" off the "apparent" intersection.  I stretched the horiz wall to that divider, then connected.  

13 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Sorry, wife had me putting up shelves all evening after work.  IKEA is becoming a PITB.  Nice stuff, easy to put together. But mounting 8 of these things to a wall was just the best time ever..

To your wall..  Hope you figured it out since I was absent.

You can see the dashed line is my divider wall, dim'd 4" off the "apparent" intersection.  I stretched the horiz wall to that divider, then connected.  

I was able to replicate it perfectly when copying your screenshot, with all walls being 4". But when copying the OPs screenshot (with the 6" wall) it no longer works. I tinkered for a bit and couldn't find a solution. Try the 6" like they are showing, perhaps you'll have better luck than myself?

It took some secret handshake voodoo, but I was able to make it work with 4" & 6" walls you need to break the 6" wall and "Reverse Layers" for one of the segments. Notice how the edit handles show up on the opposite side of the 6" wall below.

image.thumb.png.429486f447e94664b0b8929f2c97dc8b.pngimage.thumb.png.6487223b3eaf1c7d1d4a19138aafaeff.png

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2024 at 10:16 AM, kMoquin said:

It took some secret handshake voodoo, but I was able to make it work with 4" & 6" walls you need to break the 6" wall and "Reverse Layers" for one of the segments. Notice how the edit handles show up on the opposite side of the 6" wall below.

image.thumb.png.429486f447e94664b0b8929f2c97dc8b.pngimage.thumb.png.6487223b3eaf1c7d1d4a19138aafaeff.png

Okay so I've tried this method and for some reason it still won't work. Did you break the wall after the angled wall meets the straight wall or did you break first and then put the angled wall in? 

Thanks for the help everyone!

OK, just reverse engineered my solution.

I broke it after the angled wall was drawn. I also ran the extension long and then shortened it to 4" after the break and "Reverse Layers"

8 hours ago, kMoquin said:

OK, just reverse engineered my solution.

I broke it after the angled wall was drawn. I also ran the extension long and then shortened it to 4" after the break and "Reverse Layers"

Awesome thanks for that. Worked out perfect!

Thanks everyone for the help. Just wonder if it's possible to square off the end of a straight wall and an angled wall (like  my original post) but right at the intersection point? I've attached another photo with dashed lines with what I'm trying to accomplish. 

T.I.A

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 12.49.16 AM.png