Questions on exporting to .dwg for stock plans

vikiw_bend

I am embarking on selling stock plans and will need to offer a CAD package. I have never exported a CA plan or layout to .dwg and could use some helpful advice. First, I won't have any idea what version of ACAD the person is using. Second, do I turn all my layers on and select "all floors" - that would be the same mess I get when I import a .dwg. Or, do I open each plan view and cross section or CAD file and export each one as a separate .dwg? Or is it possible to export from the layout page to a .dwg? If so, will the person be able to isolate the different views in order to work on them? As you can tell, I'm completely clueless on this topic. Also, since I don't have ACAD, I'll send a sample plan to a friend who does to see if it comes through ok. Or, is there a cheap or free program that let's me look at the .dwg file as it will be to the end user?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:57 PM, vikiw_bend said:

some helpful advice

You definitely need a cad program to view whatever you export. 

I use Qcad Pro about $45 usd, a one-time perpetual license. 
https://qcad.org/en/online-shop

Each view has to be exported separately. 
floor plan level, 0, 1, 2, cross section, elevation front, back, left, right etc.

1 export per view. 

I would reduce all line weights to 1 or even 0 (experiment)

Acad users often dump every view on one screen and then zoom into the various views. 
unlike Chief’s floor levels and saved camera and plan views. 
So you might want to do the same, this way they open 1 file and everything is there. 
I’m not a regular Acad user but I often export out to engineers and architects. 
Maybe it’s regional but they always ask for all views on 1 page. 

Here are my settings for the Eport Drawing dbx:

image.thumb.png.0677e3628eb175d11213a4db9e410b20.png

• Like 2