backdrop

decorators3

HI

When I use the Scree Capture to import a backdrop it is too big and looks distorted when placed in the design.  Is there a format for importing backdrops that I should  use  (ie) particular jpg or png size 

Thank again in advance

Levina

22 hours ago, decorators3 said:

When I use the Scree Capture to import a backdrop it is too big and looks distorted when placed in the design.  Is there a format for importing backdrops that I should  use  (ie) particular jpg or png size 

Another method that's worth trying is to import that file as an 'image'. That will make it very easy to resize and place in plan view. Just like a plant image, it can be set to always face the camera.  Quick tip: when doing this, keep in mind that an 'image' will receive shadows so the image object must be far enough away from any 3d object that might cast a shadow onto it.

Another benefit of doing this, is that it allows you to still use the generated sky and sun which can provide better lighting than the backdrop!

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

Another method that's worth trying is to import that file as an 'image'. That will make it very easy to resize and place in plan view. Just like a plant image, it can be set to always face the camera.  Quick tip: when doing this, keep in mind that an 'image' will receive shadows so the image object must be far enough away from and 3d object that might cast a shadow onto it.

Another benefit of doing this, is that it allows you to still use the generated sky and sun which can provide better lighting than the backdrop!

interesting .. thanks