Double Labels

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

I feel like I am posting TOO much/often on this forum, but what I am to do almost every time I open my plan something has changed. AM I LOSING MY MIND?

This time opening an archive of my plan to see If I could use it, noticed every door / window etc now has double labels. What did I do (I can't even imagine) to cause THIS result? TO MY KNOWLEDGE I didn't activate it if there is  a tool to turn it on and off. Some of the labels appear to be consecutively numbered like D21 D39 on the same screen door.  It is the only one on that floor and in that opening! Same thing happening with window labels.

post-1662-0-85458600-1425417579_thumb.jpg

I created the layout sheet for schedules by first placing schedules (doors, windows, etc) on the plan, turned all layers off except for schedules, created a layer called schedules, sent the plan (schedules) to layout. When I open the plan file, open layer set SCHEDULES there are NO schedules showing (see capture). When I go to the layout sheet schedules are on, there is only one of each schedule on the layout sheet, SO HOW IN THE WORLD do I look for or find the extra schedules? How do I delete the layout sheet and start over or is that even the way to fix this. And if there are TWO schedules of each why are the door numbers for instance, not the same in lieu of for example D21 and D39 on the same door?

post-1662-0-87493000-1425432065_thumb.png

It's not the Layout that you need to look at for the extra Schedules.  You may have created or copied the schedules on 2 different floors or even on an elevation or section view.  You might have copied the schedules to a CAD Detail Window and then failed to delete the originals.  Whatever process was involved - you simply have 2 of each schedule in your plan file.

Post the Plan and we'll find them for you.

Joe I probably did! I am not looking for them on the layout sheets. I opened the plan file, each layer set, and still can only find the one set of schedules (on the schedules layer).

Being NEW at all this and THROWN into a complicated (at least to me) plan, hasn't helped but I AM trying to learn from all these mistakes!

Const doc Set 2.26.2015 updated 3.2.2015.zip

Bob,

I was unable to find the second set of Door & Window Schedules.  However, by deleting those Schedules on your Foundation Plan Level the double callouts went away.  Just one callout for each door & window.

Someplace in your Plan File is another set.  They could be on one of your elevation views ore someplace else.  Maybe even on an undisplayed layer.  It would be a good idea to set up a Default Plan Template with the Schedules already defined (preferably each in it's own CAD Detail Window).  This allows you to simply open that View and send the schedule to Layout.

IAE, Having Schedules on a Floor Plan isn't the best practice. 

Bob,

I was unable to find the second set of Door & Window Schedules.  NOT SURPRISED,  THERE IS SOMETHING FUNNY THAT MAY BE HAPPENING  However, by deleting those Schedules on your Foundation Plan Level the double callouts went away.  Just one callout for each door & window.

Someplace in your Plan File is another set. I AM NOT SURE I AGREE.  They could be on one of your elevation views ore someplace else.  Maybe even on an undisplayed layer.  It would be a good idea to set up a Default Plan Template with the Schedules already defined (preferably each in it's own CAD Detail Window).  This allows you to simply open that View and send the schedule to Layout.

IAE, Having Schedules on a Floor Plan isn't the best practice. I AGREE,  USE ONE SCHEDULE,  PUT IT IN A CAD DETAIL AND ALL IS WELL.

I hate to set up the door and window schedules.  I use the SAM and everything works out fine.  Get a layout and plan that works for you and then save as template and work off of that or start using the SAM.

• Solution

(I was unable to find the second set of Door & Window Schedules.  However, by deleting those Schedules on your Foundation Plan Level the double callouts went away.  Just one callout for each door & window.)

Joe, I am at a loss?!? I did what you suggested and the double labels DID go away. 

Thanks