Layout Page Margin

digitecht

Hi All

I am at a lost to X7's setup of the layout page margin.

In X6, when i choose the printer, the margin of the selected printer shows up as blue border of the sheet size.

However, in X7, this does not seem to happen. If i go into the 'Draing Sheet Setup' adjust the 'paper size', then select my printer for 'printer for view', then under 'drawing margin' i select 'Populate from Printer', the margins are as per attached pic. No matter what printer i select, this margin is the same. It does not get the printer margin from the printer driver.

What are all you doing in regard to this?

Frank

Graeme and Mick

Thank you for your reply.

I really do not know why it is not getting the printer margin from the print driver. My X5 do.

I have dl and installed the current X7. it is still showing a large margin on all sides of the paper no matter how big a sheet or printer for view.

Hopefully my attachement works this time.

See in the attached image of Drawing sheet setup, i got the T120, then the margins defaults to those values when i click 'Populate from Printer'. This margin would be the same if i choose other printers.

Thank you for any insights and please let me know what you guys are doing to get the margins (blue border) showing like in previous versions.

Regards

Francis.

Yes. In Layout view, it should be 1:1

That margin is big. and no matter what printer i selected - HP A4 document printer, or Epson A3 printer or HP T120 A1/A2 printer, that margin remains the same, does not seem my X7 read the printer driver info.

As i said, i dl the full X7, installed it, but that still remains the same, AND i do not know any one of you have the same prob. So... seems to be my system. But then... my X5 is doing the layout proporly. I am stumped.

Frank

Sorry Mick

Did not see your reply till now.

The T120 is capable of A1. 

But disregarding what size, the printable margin should be the same on A1 or A2. What was surprising is how BIG it is.

As i mentioned, on X5 (same computer), the margin appears correctly for different printer - i have an old Epson 3000, a newer Epson WF7510 and this HP T120.

The printable area margin are just totally off.

I undated X7 from beta to full version, but it's still the same. AND i am surprised other people's did not have this problem.

Regards

Frank