Roof Planes

NeilofOZ

Having problems with closing some roof plains and have attached CA Plan which also includes the original PDF plan which indicates roof layout and have:-

1. Done an Auto Roof Re Build including the deletion of areas which I believe were required including some notes on these areas.

2. On the PDF Plan, roof planes ( Builders Drawings ) have been indicated, but there are discrepancies with those from CA.

3. Typical construction techniques in Western Australia includes double brick walls with 50mm cavity, roofs are pitched on the inner walls, not the external.

4. I feel this aspect could be contributing some miss matching between the two sets of roof planes.         

House Plan.plan

Neil,

No .pdf attached.

I would auto build that roof.

I would also increase the Roof Surface (the corrugated iron) thickness to something greater than 3mm (have a play) to clean up the roof planes in a 3D view.

ie, so you don't see the framing through the roof surface.

Gentlemen, things are not going well for me at the moment, sent a reply with much detail to find that it did not show up inChief Talk, have assummed that you didn't get it,

so I will re do, have bugs popping up continually and driving me nuts. 

You obviously haven't twigged on what my issues are and apologise for not being clearer, but will explain:-

1. Have already done an "Auto Rebuild" but its not correct as it doesn't accommdate the roof extension over the Entry which changes Roof Planes to the front of the house

2. I have reset roof planes over Entry and extended these as much as my knowledge allows.

3. If you take a Full Camera Overview you will see missing Roof Planes I was referring to and todate have not been able to complete the roof, because of these. 

4. I think the timbers that could be seen by Glen were that part of the roof which is uncompleted and this is where I need assistance in closing the Roof Covering.

5. From my perspective, I am happy with the front view that I created after re-modelling the roof over the Entry, but this could change because of the the missing Planes.

6. The PDF file I was referring to was on the same page as the Plan, but will re-send it separately as i have removed it.  

7. I have made some notes in red ink on the Plan regarding some of the issues as outlined.       

House Plan.plan 303528 BOOTH ..pdf

42 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

it doesn't accommdate the roof extension over the Entry

Because the Entry is not an enclosed Room. Extend your invisible railing over to the corner of the master suite and the roof will build over the entry.

44 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

I have reset roof planes over Entry and extended these as much as my knowledge allows.

Turn auto roofs back on and enclose the entry as a room, then adjust from there.

This is auto-built:

365588235_ScreenShot2024-02-26at9_01_25AM.thumb.png.45a4019fc5044ef9930a015479a23ad0.png

Some manual adjustments will be required to fix the area I circled in red- in your PDF the eave at the front-left of the master is higher there to allow this plane to build correctly.

Leave auto build roofs on while changing the roof settings in the wall dbx until you get what you want.

Tile a plan and a 3D view while working.

You may have to relocate some walls slightly to get the roof to build properly and so that you can eliminate some of the little quirks