Continuous bottom plate below door?

plannedRITE

Is there a setting that I may be overlooking to build the bottom plate at a door opening? (Yes, it is something we need)

Since manually bringing across the bottom plate stops the auto wall framing, I really would like to avoid that option...as we are providing wall framing details for every wall.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.c3f8404e3d81b12bf86c55e9253efbeb.png

I tried raising the door but I had to raise it 2x the plate height to get the bottom plate to go through.  Of course, this will mess up your header height so you will have to adjust the door height to compensate if you want the framing correct.  The other thing that happens is that you get a casing below the door that you can't get rid of.

When all is said and done, I think I would just edit the wall detail and just pull the bottom plate across.  Need to make sure you do this last and to make sure you get all of the wall details you can find them all in the project browser.

I gotta ask @plannedRITE.    What's the point of this?  If it's for material list accuracy, don't the extra cut lengths added by pro users to cover culls and the full-plate under doors cover this?  Sure, we frame the walls this way and then cut after, but why exactly show this in elevations?  

A good framer puts in blocking for cabinets, fixtures like towel and toilet paper holders, and more places.  Are you detailing this all out in your framing details, so the material list gets counts for blocking?

20 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I gotta ask @plannedRITE.    What's the point of this?  If it's for material list accuracy, don't the extra cut lengths added by pro users to cover culls and the full-plate under doors cover this?  Sure, we frame the walls this way and then cut after, but why exactly show this in elevations?  

A good framer puts in blocking for cabinets, fixtures like towel and toilet paper holders, and more places.  Are you detailing this all out in your framing details, so the material list gets counts for blocking?

It's for modular home construction so the wall details do have to be highly detailed. Yes, blocking for cabinets and whatnot are a part of the drawings. But due to the modular nature, the continuous bottom plate is needed for transporting the walls. Just trying to stick with their current process as closely as possible for a smooth transition to our work.

As much as I'd prefer to not break the auto wall framing, I do believe that it has to happen due to this bottom plate situation as well as adding in the blocking...oh well. Fortunately, these aren't created until we have the rest of the plans finished so there *shouldn't* be changes that would cause a need to rebuild the wall framing.

Sounds like panelized, not modular.

Since you're editing all those framing elevations to show blocking (and more), it's just a click and drag to get the plate-thru-door thing.

Chief will autoframe it if you do the door-raise-and-shorten thing, but that has its downsides.  Editing the plate is fast and easy.

But hey, if you think Chief should have an option in autoframe for this, make the suggestion.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 124705.png

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

Sounds like panelized, not modular.

Since you're editing all those framing elevations to show blocking (and more), it's just a click and drag to get the plate-thru-door thing.

Chief will autoframe it if you do the door-raise-and-shorten thing, but that has its downsides.  Editing the plate is fast and easy.

But hey, if you think Chief should have an option in autoframe for this, make the suggestion.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 124705.png

Exactly. They are panelized walls for modular construction, per the company, but that's precisely what we are creating.

And yes, at this point that is our process. Although, wouldn't it be neat if Chief acted on suggestions? This is low on the totem pole of things I've discussed with them so I'll just deal with it for now :D