Can I adjust a bounding box on an imported .skp object?

SusanC

Hi, 

I downloaded a .skp file from a brand that I've downloaded from before (successfully), but this particular object came with a huge bounding box.  I opened up the dialog box and found the place to adjust the size of the bounding box, but haven't been successful in fixing the issue.  Also, I'm not able to get a thumbnail to generate from this object in my library.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Susan

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 11.58.22 AM.png

Wow!  I'd guess that model has something off to the side that's causing it to behave like this. Maybe some origin marker or something.

I'd say the model needs fixing, because that'll fix both of these issues. I don't think there's any way to force the Preview to behave differently. But aside from that the Bounding Box should be editable on the Advanced Sizing panel, you'll likely have to put in a lot of negative values. It'll help to have the Show Bounding Box preview option on.

Thank you TeaTime.  No luck and I think it's something the company needs to fix on their end, but I was able to find a work around and get the object to work well enough for the time being. 

10 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Hi Robert,

Here is the link to the object.  It is on the manufacturer's website.

https://fittingscollection.com/collections/wall-shelving/products/double-wall-shelf-3

Thank you for giving it a go!

Susan

there is typical a surface at the outer bounds of the bounding box, this one was easy to spot. Here you go:

Double wall shelf-3 tier.calibz

5 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

there is typical a surface at the outer bounds of the bounding box, this one was easy to spot. Here you go:

Double wall shelf-3 tier.calibz 712.98 kB · 2 downloads

Wow!  Thank you @Renerabbitt I went back in and zoomed way in to see a little round circle on the far edge of the box.  Is that what you found and deleted?  May I ask how you deleted it?  I don't seem to be able to isolate it from the rest of the box.  I'd just like to know for future reference.  Thanks.  

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.02.43 PM.png

26 minutes ago, robdyck said:

This symbol has been assigned to cabinet, shelving layer and has the materials assigned as well as a few other adjustments making it ready to go.

DOUBLE WALL SHELF - 3 TIER.calibz 543.26 kB · 0 downloads

Apparently we're fighting now, my previous symbol wasn't good enough?
Fine
Here's one with a more realistic base and custom texture, set to include in schedule as shelf on the cabs shelf layer with options set to mount to wall.
I'm not petty you're petty :P

Double wall shelf-3 tier.calibz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

Apparently we're fighting now, my previous symbol wasn't good enough?

Ha! I felt stupid, I posted that symbol and then noticed you had already done that! No symbol duel intended!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...