Scaling

AdkKen

New at this and I am running into an issue with the scaling.

On my plot plan I put a scale and made sure it was sized to 10ft in length with the hope that it would scale up along with the plot plan itself.

Unfortunately it is not. What is the best way to rectify this?

6 hours ago, DBCooper said:

You should draw your plot plan at full scale and then just scale the view when you send it to your layout.  Same for cad details.

As Cooper mentions and I want to reiterate, You should draw EVERYTHING to full scale, even your cad details.  

Paper space mentality!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdkKen said:

New at this and I am running into an issue with the scaling.

On my plot plan I put a scale and made sure it was sized to 10ft in length with the hope that it would scale up along with the plot plan itself.

Unfortunately it is not. What is the best way to rectify this?

Everything is Drawn in Plan View in Chief at 1:1 (or full real-world size) , when you Send Plan Views to Layout is when you Scale it  eg 1/4 = 1'   or 1/8" =20' etc.

* If you aren't Using Chief or HD Pro , you won't have the send to Layout Option.

Chief has a few Videos  on it like this one....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/48/creating-layouts-and-construction-documents.html

M.

20 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Paper space mentality!

I remember almost 30 years ago now paper space in Autocad as an assignment in college. I could not for the life of me grasp it haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, winterdd said:

I could not for the life of me grasp it haha

Haha..  I use it everyday at day job, AutoCAD Plant 3D.  Almost daily I am pulling drawings, done in the old fashion, where they scaled the items, dims and text. PITB.  

I guess I should clarify too, that in Chief, you do everting in the model, all 1 to 1. That means the model, dimensioning, text, etc.  Then bring to a layout view as Mick mentions above.  In Paper space, the modeled item is in model space brought to a drawing with a scaled viewport.. all the dims, text, etc would be in PS (not the model).