Custom Nvidia Graphics settings?

DeLayDesign

I don't know much about custom graphic settings, I just recently started looking into them - but does anyone have a custom set up for Chief?

I'm asking because I'm noticing my RTX3080 is maxing out it's GPU when I run PBRs in Chief.  Using another program at the same time to record my screen while the render is working causes my PC to shut down - even though the GPU temp doesn't go above 60 degrees Celsius.

Moving forward I'll stop the video recording before I enter into a PBR; but I has me curious if there is a way to adjust my graphic settings to keep the PC from freaking out.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.7a4279ca5f4282631cf12a8c8c123b60.png

These days it not really needed to alter those settings but make sure GPU Scheduling is on and Chief is in the List of Desktop Apps

* At a guess it is likely the CPU, not the GPU is overheating and shutting down to protect itself  (Thermal overload/shutdown).

I have the 3080 and 3080Ti which pulls a lot more power than the 3080 and neither have this Issue , it may also be a Power Supply Issue (wattage?)

M.

Gotcha.  Is it possible for a power supply to fail?  I've had this PC for about 2.5 years with zero issues thus far, but did have to change out the water cooler a few month back.  I've been told I may want to see if the thermal paste is failing/ needs reapplied.  I'm a noob when it comes to PC builds.

7 minutes ago, DeLayDesign said:

Gotcha.  Is it possible for a power supply to fail?  I've had this PC for about 2.5 years with zero issues thus far, but did have to change out the water cooler a few month back.  I've been told I may want to see if the thermal paste is failing/ needs reapplied.  I'm a noob when it comes to PC builds.

For sure PS can fail, it why Michael was joking above his failed in Nov. ? an dit took Dell a month to get a new one installed for Him so he bought a Laptop.

If the Paste (TIM - Thermal Interface Material) has never been re-applied it likely needs redoing ( dries out/hardens) if not done when they replaced the AIO Water colling , though I am not sure how they changed the Cooler without redoing the TIM too, as the Pumphead/AIO (All In One Cooler) is is one piece .

M.

1 hour ago, DeLayDesign said:

What is your sample rate at? What are your encoder settings for the recording software?

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

What is your sample rate at? What are your encoder settings for the recording software?

I was using ScreenPal formally Screen-o-matic.  It's the strange thing.  I don't have any issues normally but since I tried recording a video while running Chief architect my fans react quicker and louder.

I ended up deleting the app and using windows snipping tool to record my screen (works very much the same) and the fans do come on, but not at super speeds like Screenpal and I was able to record a 30 min video without my pc crashing.  Temps all stayed low too and by CPU was running in overclock (not forced).  All systems seem to be working fine NOT using Screenpal.  

All the issues came about after a recent update to Screenpal.  They are unsure what would be causing the issues, but acknowledge that it does use CPU an GPU resources.

5 hours ago, DeLayDesign said:

I was using ScreenPal formally Screen-o-matic.  It's the strange thing.  I don't have any issues normally but since I tried recording a video while running Chief architect my fans react quicker and louder.

I ended up deleting the app and using windows snipping tool to record my screen (works very much the same) and the fans do come on, but not at super speeds like Screenpal and I was able to record a 30 min video without my pc crashing.  Temps all stayed low too and by CPU was running in overclock (not forced).  All systems seem to be working fine NOT using Screenpal.  

All the issues came about after a recent update to Screenpal.  They are unsure what would be causing the issues, but acknowledge that it does use CPU an GPU resources.

Probably different encoder settings, one more gpu intensive, what sample rate are you running in chief?