physically based problems

MN_JohnH

As long as I have worked with Chief I have had this problem with materials.
Same wall and materials but the upper floor sections have this glare or something.
Sometimes it's darker, on this one it is a glare or lighter color, almost as if the material has a shine to it or something.
I have read about similar problems on the forum and I have made every possible adjustment in the cameras etc and it is always the same.
I can't load the plan, it is way to big, but you hopefully get the idea.

Untitled 1.jpg

Do a save as of your plan and delete everything from the plan except this one room

you do have a Roof on correct and a foundation under the home? this can effect lighting in PBR Views..... 

The Material on the Upper wall appears transparent to me , not "glaring" ?

it also appears as if you have Hand Drawn lines turned on in PBR, try setting the technique options to all 0 except the 1st one try 0.5 or 0.25 for it.

and also try it witht he Lines turned off.

Not sure if this is GPU related but you state it's always happened in Chief, so please update your Signature with the Graphics Card particulars

( See the Render Tab> videocard Status in Preferences)   and also any of the other info if outdated    ie Win10 1803? really?

M. 

image.thumb.png.dd32a1395daa8d8914f630b58cceefef.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MN_JohnH said:

I can't load the plan, it is way to big, but you hopefully get the idea.

Dropbox? Google Drive? The plan file is essential to get others to dig into your issue and join the conversation to find specific solutions.