Best 'Value' RTR Video Card

HumbleChief

3 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

it's time to upgrade.

I just looked at Newegg and they still have cards with Cyber Monday discounts, but ending soon as it's now Thursday.  (act fast!)

I'll let others recommend a card, but I have a Nvidia RTX 3080, which works well for me.

Jim

2 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

I just looked at Newegg and they still have cards with Cyber Monday discounts, but ending soon as it's now Thursday.  (act fast!)

I'll let others recommend a card, but I have a Nvidia RTX 3080, which works well for me.

Jim

Thanks Jim, pretty confusing out there and I have some legacy monitors that I need to make sure are compatible with the new display port and HDMI cards.

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Jim, pretty confusing out there and I have some legacy monitors that I need to make sure are compatible with the new display port and HDMI cards.

You can always pick up adapters, though if your monitors dont have a hdmi then youre going to have some pretty sub-par imaging.
3080 would be fine though the 4070 is a better option. Maybe wait just a bit so we can take a look at x16 beta whenever it comes out

20 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

You can always pick up adapters, though if your monitors don't have a hdmi then you're going to have some pretty sub-par imaging.
3080 would be fine though the 4070 is a better option. Maybe wait just a bit so we can take a look at x16 beta whenever it comes out

Thanks very much Rene! Yeah, had my eye on the 4070ti and I really only need one of my 3 monitors to meet modern enough specs. to view any RTRT renders. Thanks again.

Can't believe we're on the eve of X16 though March seems like a likely release time frame to me.