Wood Deck Ramp?

KittleDesign

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

I am trying to recreate an existing wood deck ramp (see attached pictures).  I have started in on the ramp tool but I haven't figured out how to get the base to be lumber instead of a sloped solid.  I wouldn't care if it was still a solid but the bottom was sloped to match the top, that would work for what I am trying to do.  I just want to try to use the ramp tool before I resort to having to build it out of polyline solids.

I hope I am just missing a check box or setting.  Thanks in advance... Jess

IMG-4742.jpg

IMG-4759.jpg

2324samp deck ramp.jpg

It would appear as though the ends of your ramp need to be skewed.  So your ramp can provide the railing or actually two skinny ramps and then a roof plane can be used for the sloped framing and roof purlins for decking all but a few boards that may need to be p-solids if they don't trim properly.

image.thumb.png.660b1d738c89c44c3e0ea988efb4455e.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

It would appear as though the ends of your ramp need to be skewed.  So your ramp can provide the railing or actually two skinny ramps and then a roof plane can be used for the sloped framing and roof purlins for decking all but a few boards that may need to be p-solids if they don't trim properly.

image.thumb.png.660b1d738c89c44c3e0ea988efb4455e.png

I agree, this is a better solution to show what is existing (with the skewed ends of the ramp), but in this case I don't need it to be exact.  From my understanding this ramp will be torn down and replaced with a different walkway, to go around a new addition to the home.  Thank you.