Pretty Much Lost With These Floor Levels

HumbleChief

Need to get the floor levels correct in a plan I'm trying to duplicate and am fairly lost in how to execute. Any help greatly appreciated. The section should be part of the plans and has the floor levels I'm trying to duplicate. Thank You

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e15dn05x1rh9vqs1d1lpx/FLOOR-LEVELS-1.plan?rlkey=bocsgd6xzr2srjyi7f6w11dp6&dl=0

56 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Need to get the floor levels correct in a plan I'm trying to duplicate and am fairly lost in how to execute. Any help greatly appreciated. The section should be part of the plans and has the floor levels I'm trying to duplicate. Thank You

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e15dn05x1rh9vqs1d1lpx/FLOOR-LEVELS-1.plan?rlkey=bocsgd6xzr2srjyi7f6w11dp6&dl=0

there are no saved images in your cross sections or notes for what you are trying to accomplish, just an FYI

2 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Need to get the floor levels correct

I find X15 randomly change floor elevation in some rooms. I keep having to go in a few times and set floor level to default. 

Question, why would you build framing if you’re still trying to get your floor levels correct? 

As René, mentioned, do you have an image or pdf of the levels you’re trying to mimic?

Very cool design by the way, looks like a nightmare… lol 

14 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

there are no saved images in your cross sections or notes for what you are trying to accomplish, just an FYI

Thanks Rene, I've attached a screen shot of the second floor plan view with the section I'm trying to duplicate. Perhaps Picture/PDF boxes Layer is not turned on?

RAISED PLATFORMS 2.png

RAISED PLATFORMS 3.png

12 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I find X15 randomly change floor elevation in some rooms. I keep having to go in a few times and set floor level to default. 

Question, why would you build framing if you’re still trying to get your floor levels correct? 

As René, mentioned, do you have an image or pdf of the levels you’re trying to mimic?

Very cool design by the way, looks like a nightmare… lol 

Thanks Michael and same here with the random floor levels changing and in this case the framing forms some of the floor levels I'm trying to accomplish. See section pic above.

FYI

8 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Perhaps Picture/PDF boxes Layer is not turned on?

Unless you provide a Backup .zip file, the PDFs won't be inherently embedded with the file.

image.thumb.png.3a38e5327d21c3efeb5fb90507cc3b6f.png

You can mark them to be Saved with the file though

image.thumb.png.03e2832fb5a85acb1e525591cb33e1e9.png

This obviously causes the .plan file's size to get pretty big though so I don't recommend it.

Onto the actual trouble here -- first issue you have to solve before anything is this:

image.thumb.png.f3016b8973f01c224c6e769f06e9f76c.png

You can hunt it down but honestly if you've been fighting it I'd probably just reset them all. You can do this easiest through Edit> Reset to Defaults. Set All Rooms Floor Heights/Ceiling Heights, then essentially start over.

I remember this plan from a Week or so ago, I think something that wasn't mentioned was when changing floor thickness like you're doing, you want to lock the Bottom of the platform, forcing it to build Up

image.thumb.png.c9c4e2bc76e23a92ac0fb28f6e9258bb.png

By default it keeps the top of the structure, i.e., the Floor, at the default floor height, pushing the structure down, potentially messing up the ceiling heights below.

I would reset, start on Floor 0 and move your way up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

FYI

Unless you provide a Backup .zip file, the PDFs won't be inherently embedded with the file.

image.thumb.png.3a38e5327d21c3efeb5fb90507cc3b6f.png

You can mark them to be Saved with the file though

image.thumb.png.03e2832fb5a85acb1e525591cb33e1e9.png

This obviously causes the .plan file's size to get pretty big though so I don't recommend it.

Onto the actual trouble here -- first issue you have to solve before anything is this:

image.thumb.png.f3016b8973f01c224c6e769f06e9f76c.png

You can hunt it down but honestly if you've been fighting it I'd probably just reset them all. You can do this easiest through Edit> Reset to Defaults. Set All Rooms Floor Heights/Ceiling Heights, then essentially start over.

I remember this plan from a Week or so ago, I think something that wasn't mentioned was when changing floor thickness like you're doing, you want to lock the Bottom of the platform, forcing it to build Up

image.thumb.png.c9c4e2bc76e23a92ac0fb28f6e9258bb.png

By default it keeps the top of the structure, i.e., the Floor, at the default floor height, pushing the structure down, potentially messing up the ceiling heights below.

I would reset, start on Floor 0 and move your way up.

VERY helpful Tea. Thanks

By default it keeps the top of the structure, i.e., the Floor, at the default floor height, pushing the structure down, potentially messing up the ceiling heights below

This was Soooo helpful. Not sure I really knew what that setting was for!