Leader Line time waster

jtcapa1

40 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

Can anybody tell me what steps I need to take to never have to make this adjustment again???

JT - I think it might be the "auto position tail" setting on the polyline leader.  Try turning off.  I got some good results.

image.thumb.png.7a0849c2528f6bc172b86487640cbd7a.png

Jim

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

It is frustrating to get into a bad habit for so long

Yes - I bought Chief a year ago August (coming from Autocad) and I have been trying to learn the good habits with this new program.  The forum helps a lot for me.

• Like 1

I prefer that both lines of all arrows remain consistently parallel whenever possible. My method for adding this text is somewhat different. I make sure my arrows can't move or adjust themselves and I replicate the arrows and a text box vertically a set distance. I then adjust the angled portion of each arrow and then lastly add my text. If I need to make a vertical adjustment because of space, I either center the text on the leader line or drag the horizontal portion up/down to snap to the center of the text.

Great ideas. This worked great when I took the time to clean up my template file and all the various layer sets.  Bad habits can worm their way pretty deep into the templates as we bring them forward with each new version of CA.

Thanks for that simple tip.  Works great now.

• Like 1