structural beams

decorators3

Hi

I an redesigning a house that has basement , main floor and upper level. Rough measurements 29 W x 24 D 

Attached is the engineering structural beams required for the open concept main floor plan .

The beams in the basement are 10" high 10" deep (basement will not be developed).

Beams for second floor are 8" high x 8" deep

My issue is the stairs.  where/how do I place them without interfering with the support beams.  The floor plan was roughly designed before we had the engineering drawing.  Now I have to reconfigure for the stairs. that's my problem. 

(The upper level is smaller than the lower level as result of a new  add on)

Any suggestions are welcome.. 

Thanks

Levina

engineerimg structural beam .jpg

3 FLOOR LEVELS.pdf

15 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Has a single Beam in the Centered been considered with a standard Floor system and then using Faux Oak Floor Joists for the "look" but perhaps there is not enough Ceiling Hgt if this is existing , vs a new build.

M.

I am sending the proposed floor plans to the engineer and see what he comes back with.  All your replies have given me solutions that could be implemented based on engineers response and of course the clients input as he want the real wood .. but things change due to structural challenges

See how it goes

Thank you all for your replies.. This forum is really resourceful and so many qualified members

Thanks again