Pool House not sitting on terrain

CJordanDesign

Terrain was added to Chief in the year 2000 AD and has since been treated as an "add-on" in that you open its Dialog Box - Building pad tab and input your own desired relational location to the floor zero  of the structure's first floor. The Auto-locate rarely gets it right and so must be manually located by the end user (you).

DJP

• Like 1

So Mark's solution was to lower the pool house by lowering the floor heights.  This works but your pool house, pool, and patio area are still not going to sit on the terrain properly because the terrain is sloping through them.  (I wasn't the one that downvoted him though because I still thought it was good info.)  See first picture below. 

What I like to do in cases like this is to place a terrain "elevation region" wherever you need a flat place.  You need to make sure your elevation lines don't go through the elevation region though because this will cause problems.  You can't have conflicting elevation data with different heights in the same region.  See second picture.

pool house.jpg

pool house with elevation region.jpg

• Like 1