Stairs and railings

stager386

Hello.  I created a set of stairs with a landing from first to second floor. To the right of the first floor stair section is another set of stairs to the basement. The client wants it all open. I am stuck trying to figure out how to connect the basement stair railing to the first floor stairs, when there is no landing.  This seems to basic and I don't know why I can't make it work.  Any suggestions? Thank you.

from first floor.jpg

I don't think those stairs will connect automatically.  If you want the handrail to wrap around, you will probably have to draw it manually with a molding poly.  You could also maybe draw a short rail section there depending on what you are trying to do.

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

I don't think those stairs will connect automatically.  If you want the handrail to wrap around, you will probably have to draw it manually with a molding poly.  You could also maybe draw a short rail section there depending on what you are trying to do.

Thank you!

I think the only way the stairs will 'wrap through is if the are connected with a 'landing'.  Because they are split by a floor they won't connect.  You can achieve a similar look by adding in a railing where they should connect or use the 3D molding tool and align them custom.

• Upvote 2