Room Label Font changes

abohawra

It all depends on how your room labels are setup and how you change the font.

For example, if your room labels are setup to use a particular text style, and you change the font for that text style, then everything in the program that is using that text style will also change.

Hi 

Thanks for the replay, I'm changing from 

edit/default setting/Floors and Rooms/Rooms Label. and then select the font for the room labels. but after that nothing changes, unless I remove the old one. 

2.png

4 minutes ago, abohawra said:

edit/default setting/Floors and Rooms/Rooms Label. and then select the font for the room labels. but after that nothing changes, unless I remove the old one. 

Changes made there will affect new rooms. To change existing room labels, set it in the Room Label layer:

1658130880_ScreenShot2023-07-13at11_40_25AM.thumb.png.32fafa2332dfb47fb590618edb87d3b2.png

I'm not sure about X14 or 15 but I seem to recall in previous versions that even after changing the room label text in the default settings that the change wouldn't take effect until I opened up each room dbx and uncheck and re-check "Show Room Label". Might have even had to close and reopen the dbx between unchecking and re-checking.

17 minutes ago, abohawra said:

Hi 

Thanks for the replay, I'm changing from 

2.png

Chris is right about it effect new ones only changed there, unless you go to each room and turn the label OFF, and the back ON and it should regenerate.

My suggestion though is NOT to use a Custom Text Style but to Use the Layer , and assign a Text style to the Room Label so they will ALL change with a change in Text Style,  I have 3 or 4 different Room Label Styles for example................

image.thumb.png.6d14ae7feb4877ed5125e867809af2ea.png

You should put X13 in your Forum Signature so People know as Answer often are Version dependant.....

M.

You should avoid using "custom" for your text style, it is better to create a new text style or just modify the "room label text style" if you already have it.

Changing your room label defaults only affects new room labels (as noted by Chris).  To change your existing labels, you will either need to select them all and change them, or force them to update by turning the label off/on (as noted by Brett and Mick), or if they are already using a text style, then just change that text style. 

Just remember that if they are sharing a text style with any other objects, then those objects will also change when you change the text style .

7 minutes ago, tundra_dweller said:

I'm not sure about X14 or 15 but I seem to recall in previous versions that even after changing the room label text in the default settings that the change wouldn't take effect until I opened up each room dbx and uncheck and re-check "Show Room Label". Might have even had to close and reopen the dbx between unchecking and re-checking.

Yes that works , you don't need to close the DBX As far as I remember though.

image.thumb.png.9bab8a358eb550c9d2d82704caea0daf.png

M.

41 minutes ago, abohawra said:

2.png

If you had "Use Custom Text Style" checked when first creating rooms, and you want to use Layer settings to control the room labels, you will have to first change your Default settings to "Use Layer for Text Style" before those room labels will change. Then you can open the room DBX and uncheck/check Show Room Label and it will adopt the Room Label layer text settings.