Temporary Dimensions Please Fix/Improve in X15

Archnot-Boltz

Hey Chief, back again regarding Temporary Dimensions and their Default settings. Why don't your temp dims locate short walls (see attached). 

You can only access Temp Dims defaults in the Plan Defaults but not in the Dimensions Defaults where you can set defaults for all dimensions Except Temporary Dimensions, Why wouldn't you include the ability to set Temp Dims in this dbx? This is the most accessible and logical. thanks-BB

Temp Dims- Plan Why-Why Not.png

Temp Dims-Plan Default.png

Temp Dims-Dimension Default.png

Brad,

Temp dims inherit a lot of their settings from the current Saved Dimension Defaults.

Yours probably has something to do with the Reach...... or 1st Line Offset....or....something similar......

I can get the small dimension to display or not depending on the location of the vertical wall.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 9.50.36 am.jpg

18 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Why wouldn't you include the ability to set Temp Dims in this dbx?

Because it would limit the options for using temp dims to only those fixed settings. Temp dims follow the settings in the currently active Dimension Default, and therefore I can quickly switch which dim default I'm using (usually just temporarily) to get a different set of settings for the temp dims to follow. It's very flexible.

For example, say I'm designing using dimensions restricted to 1/2" increments, but I want to check out a measurement more accurately using temp dims. I switch to my 1/32" dimension default, which I can quickly access using the Active Dimension Defaults Control dropdown on my toolbar, and all temp dimensions now measure to 1/32". Then I switch back to my normal 1/2" dim default.

They also adopt a lot of the locate and other settings, which would probably solve your issue in the OP.

Hope this helps. :)