Flipping a plan after the roof is finished

PhillipsPlans22

So I just got off the phone with a customer and I need to flip this house after I just finished designing it. I have not done all of my elevations and sheets yet. So does anyone have a link or a tip for flipping this project without having to redo a bunch of stuff? 

230532-rA - Kodie Loera - 001 Front Exterior.jpg

Does Tools>Reverse plan not work? I don't know why it wouldn't...

Edit: When I reverse plans generally the only things that don't reverse are terrain related things, like plants and terrain objects, and the terrain itself. There's probably a way to make it do that but I haven't found it yet.

• Upvote 1

You can use the Revers Plan tool (Tools / Reverse Plan) or you can use the Edit Area tool (Edit / Edit Area...). Both have their pros and cons.

Save the plan. Try one of those functions. Inspect. If you don't like it, you can close without saving and try again. Or use Undo.

• Upvote 2

This has been discussed a few times, do a search to get the full history, but a quick search shows this one that goes through options: 

in short:

Best way is 'Edit Area All' through the center to maintain the integrity of annotations, etc ...'reverse plan' is based off the origin and can throw things off (especially elevation annotations), but does work...with extra clean up.

Hope that wasn't too short of an answer, I can explain further, but the link goes through it pretty good....feel free to ask any follow up questions.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipsPlans22 said:

... I was searching Flip plan. 

Ah, that makes sense...without thinking I searched 'reverse' (since that is Chief's lingo) and didn't even think about the 'flip' part of the equation.  Glad you pointed that out.  Hopefully that will now help anyone that searches for 'flip' :D

(no down votes ever come from me)

• Upvote 2

On 6/14/2023 at 6:57 PM, PhillipsPlans22 said:

So there are times I know I am asking a DUMB question. But for some reason I could not figure it out and I was searching Flip plan. Well I worked perfectly! Thank you for not giving me a Down Vote LOL :wub:

I don't down vote anyone asking for help. There are so many items in Chief that are rarely used. We can't remember or even know about everything. I believe the forum is to help users.

Glad you found your answer.

• Like 2