Sign in to follow this  
Larry_Sweeney

Reposition "Living Area" label

Is there a setting dbx. that I can change to reposition the "Living Area" label? It's right in the middle of my dimensions. I've moved it, then locked room labels, then made a couple of changes in the plan and it's back again to the old spot. I don't want to "turn it off" because it is part of room labels and I want them displayed. There is surely a way to work around this or a dbx. I'm missing. There should be a way for each floor to adjust this due to the fact that for each for it may have to be in a different position.

Double click the selection tool and turn off that label individually. I have been with Chief since version 9 and have never used that label for the very reason you are describing. I just use a macro under my plan title.

post-70-0-82234400-1394979533_thumb.jpg

Joey...Thanks for the advice. That looks like the best way to deal with it. I wonder what determines the "Living Area" label position? Something somewhere must.

this has been an issue since I started in 2004 with ver 9.5

you would think that CA could have fixed it by now :(

Lew

I like to see the size changes as I draw. The label is a real pain sitting on top of the dimension. I would like to be able to place it where I wanted and it stay.