Snaps

wnschoen

Is it just me, or is anyone else having a devil of a time getting the object snaps to work in X15?  Ever since I upgraded, things don't seem to snap the same.  I've played with the defaults and the preferences (by the way, why in the world are angle snaps in a different location/menu than the other snaps)?

Anyway, anyone else having issues?  I put a ticket into Chief, but that tech said they could not repeat my issue.

Thanks,

Nate

Nate Schoen

Bridgewater Consulting LLC (Custom Design Firm)

Beaufort, South Carolina

www.homesbybridgewater.com / nschoen@homesbybridgewater.com

(843) 422-7778

Chief Architect Premier X15

Windows 11 Pro x 64

Intel Core i9013900 w/24 Cores 5.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X

ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator LGA 1700 Motherboard

4x Kingston Fury Renegade 16GB 7200MT/s DDR5 CL38 DIMM (64GB Total)

Kingston Fury Renegade 4TB PCIe Gen 40. NVMe M.2 SSD

2x BenQ PD2700U Monitors

Yes. I use point-to-point move a lot and at least half the time, when I grab an object at an end or corner, once I start moving the object, I notice that the cursor and snap point are not located the same. My cursor will be a slight distance away from my chosen snap point. This results in having to place the object somewhere and retry the P2P move. 

Also, 3D solids have multiple snap points on a corner, when viewed in 2D. The snap symbol (circle in square), will jump around when the cursor is hovered over the corner. Feels loosely gooses at times. 

2 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Yes. I use point-to-point move a lot and at least half the time, when I grab an object at an end or corner, once I start moving the object, I notice that the cursor and snap point are not located the same. My cursor will be a slight distance away from my chosen snap point. This results in having to place the object somewhere and retry the P2P move. 

Also, 3D solids have multiple snap points on a corner, when viewed in 2D. The snap symbol (circle in square), will jump around when the cursor is hovered over the corner. Feels loosely gooses at times. 

Yes, the point-to-point move issue has driven me nuts for quite a while. I've brought it up in the past but have just been told (can't remember if by chief or other users) "you're moving too fast!" Not a good answer, I sure would like that fixed as well.

52 minutes ago, para-CAD said:

Similar experience...not satisfied.

• Upvote 1