Trying To Move A Wall & Dimensions Are Interfering X7

Electromen

When you select the wall, Chief will show all dimensions even if they are turned off.  X6 does the same thing.  I'm surprised you haven't seen this before.

I usually don't move a wall this late in the process.  I guess I never noticed it.

Thank you for the quick response.

I would never have all those dimensions.in my plan.  Even if I had done those interior dimensions (auto I assume) I would have deleted any that were extraneous.  Most of the time there are only a few interior dims needed where an exterior dimension can't identify a wall location.

Less is More (better) - especially when it can reduce clutter.

I sometimes create more then one set of dimensions for different purposes on different layers.  For example, I may want one set of dimensions for my presentation floor plan and one for my working drawings.  I can then turn them off and on as needed using the layer sets.  It's pretty annoying when they all pop up though when ever you select a wall.

Look at this Screenshot  I selected the wall for the closet on the right and this is what I see.

The second screenshot is with nothing selected.  I have all dimensions turned off.

Hi Electoman,

Not sure what the problem is.

Why don't you tun off temp dimensions. Are you showing temp dimension in the first image? 

Hi Electoman,

Not sure what the problem is.

Why don't you tun off temp dimensions. Are you showing temp dimension in the first image? 

I don't think temp dims would give you that much stuff. As Arthur mentioned, even with your dim layers turned off, CA will display them when you select the wall.

I would never have all those dimensions.in my plan.  Even if I had done those interior dimensions (auto I assume) I would have deleted any that were extraneous.  Most of the time there are only a few interior dims needed where an exterior dimension can't identify a wall location.

Less is More (better) - especially when it can reduce clutter.

I don't have any of those dimensions in my plan and I have all auto dimension layers turned off.  It's only when I select an object like the wall.