Custom Windows Problem

RobWhite

I am attempting to produce a window combination as shown below. My difficulty is trying to mull awning window highlights side by side. The side frames of an awnings need to be set equally. The menu frame option does not offer a right and left frame member varation, therefore the centre dividing frame  become 100mm wide.

Any suggestions how might overcome this.

see method I have tried utilized below

356798133_CustomWindows-doubleawningcombinationWindows.thumb.jpg.ebd97b9b1938b7c8301b4d16b175f493.jpg

1 hour ago, RobWhite said:

Any suggestions how might overcome this.

Try this......  I'll check back in the morning.....  you could consider making the Frames 1/2 the desired thickness

since the Frame is not seen once the Casing goes on and......

1. Make sure your Window Separation in the Window Defaults is set to 0mm
  2. Bump the two Awnings tight together and then mull them together 1st
  3. Then mull the Mulled Awnings to the Picture Window below for the full Unit.
  4. If needed try adjusting the inset options as well to adjust the "Bar" depth.

M.

I cannot use the casing option as the window are in a brick cavity and the casing sit proud of the wall in the plan view. This still leave the centre frame between the highlight awning incorrect at 100 wide; should be 50.

As per Mick...one combined unit is possible.

Is the goal to maintain minimal separation between the upper transom glass?

image.thumb.png.363316f725b67ab8e97d04ef553d5c4a.png

In terms of no casing lapping over the brick veneer, a brick wall could be utilized as the primary exterior of the building.

An interior wall can be created as is common to a real world condition. 

Although this is counter-intuitive to Chief, making a double wall layer affords a slightly unique detail.  As per the observation, Chief wants to place the exterior casing over the brick. Having said that, window frames in masonry walls are often located flush to the inside wall, and the exterior casing is recessed. 

image.thumb.png.73b184786765acd9d17209bfe8d1f24e.png

To make that work, windows get set to the interior wall layer w/o the "through" option being checked for a double wall condition.  

Then a pass through can be used to create a wider and taller masonry opening (no casing and no frame)

This would give the windows the desired inset appearance as per a 'real world' condition. 

image.thumb.png.ac61061e3e51a65d4b5570b9352a8a21.png

It can be done, but you can't mull them together. 

1)  Make the fixed glass unit

2) Make the hopper units as separate windows.  The width of the unit is 1/2 of the sash wider than the fixed glass lower window

3) overlap the hopper sash with the lower window, and overlap the dividing sash of the hopper windows

Because of the overlapping, these won't mull, but it looks like what you were after.  A bit of a cludge, but heck. 

Failing that you can do window symbols to create this window in cad and set it to be a window so that it will cut the wall to fit.