Create CAD Block not working in CA 15

JenniferK

I have a wall section detail in my plan as a CAD detail and I have tried to create a CAD block to add to my library. Every time I group select the details and hit the "create Cad block" button - It shuts down CA completely. It seems like a strange glitch. Has anyone encountered this issue with CA 15?

WALL SECTION DETAIL PIC.jpg

Are you using Create CAD Detail from View or not?

If that's a live section view, it may not be block-able.

Sometimes if you are using different objects....they won't block.

I don't remember what the criteria is exactly, but if you create a cad detail from view, then you're dealing with 2D lines only and they will block.

I had issues with my entire mac locking and shutting down when closing a 3D view during the X15 Beta, but not now.  Tech support will help you out.  Call them and report back with you solution if you can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, para-CAD said:

Are you using Create CAD Detail from View or not?

If that's a live section view, it may not be block-able.

Sometimes if you are using different objects....they won't block.

I don't remember what the criteria is exactly, but if you create a cad detail from view, then you're dealing with 2D lines only and they will block.

All true.  However she did state that the details were group selected and then "hit the cad block button"  so that is on the active toolbar and does not even appear unless there is a suitable selection.   Something else is going on here for sure.

Computer specifications are unlikely the issue but could possibly come into play here.  M$ vs. Mac etc.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input. I will contact Tech. I so create the CAD Detail from the section view then , edit. Sometimes adding blocks like framing , insulation etc. but I’ve done this before with other section drawings and it’s worked fine. 

• Upvote 1

I just made a detail, in a new blank CAD detail window, using Notes and callouts, and a schedule.  It doesn't block...I'm betting because the schedule would cause duplicate errors.  I'm about to try some other things to see where the limits are.  I made a CAD Detail from view and it is blockable but all the filled areas are visible as long triangles and some other glitches.

23 hours ago, para-CAD said:

I had issues with my entire mac locking and shutting down when closing a 3D view during the X15 Beta

You weren't using Universal Control when that was happening by any chance?

I  was freezing, crashing and burning until I realized CA doesn't like Universal Control (using same mouse and keyboard on two computers at the same time.) 

I ended up creating a new CAD to Detail from the section. Then it blocked fine.  I assume CA didn't like the additional blocks added into the detail. So before it will block - The blocks of Insulation, framing, etc have to be unblocked first. Which in part doesn't make sense, because a window is a block and you can block two for a mulled unit.