sun room roof help.

dskogg

Yeah sorry I can’t tell what is what in that picture.  A typical sun room can be done with normal roofs and adjusting the roof material or a glass roof material with skylights depending on what the exact look/type you are going for.

18 hours ago, rgardner said:

First make the roof structure glass or steel then resize your skylights 

Ryan, how is this going to change things?  chief couldnt even model what i showed correctly in the first place, must be too complicated being so close to roof edge?

13 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Ryan, how is this going to change things?  chief couldnt even model what i showed correctly in the first place, must be too complicated being so close to roof edge?

Dont necessarily need skylights, just set your structure and soffits to the correct assembly according to your needs. This is done with only roof planes
image.thumb.png.b97e8dcaa3c63085840aff670a804d47.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

Dont necessarily need skylights, just set your structure and soffits to the correct assembly according to your needs. This is done with only roof planes
image.thumb.png.b97e8dcaa3c63085840aff670a804d47.png

Rene, can you tell me what settings you used? and i you want a glass curtain wall to line up with roof mullions?

5 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Your roof needs to not have any overhang and have glass walls to the outside just like it would be built in person.  If you are trying to show more of a screened room with panel sections as you showed use skylights.  But the polyline convert to skylight tool will help you get non rectangular and custom sizes.

image.thumb.png.8e18f96ce80a6708597ff45555c3e78c.pngimage.thumb.png.11bc8a602595e8915aa940cbd68b92a1.png

8 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Rene, can you tell me what settings you used? and i you want a glass curtain wall to line up with roof mullions?

Your simply modifying your Roof Surface Layers according to your spec and turning off Soffits and Room Ceiling Finish. Then specify your Structure according to what you need

42 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

You can do it with multiple roof planes but it is generally a variety of different size panels and members especially when it has an angle like he is showing.  If it is a straight glass enclosure room I would use roof planes as well assuming the panels are going to be the same.  In these they will have some cross members on the roofs as well.  Doing it with the polyline convert to skylight allows you to place them exactly as that is done.  You can still do it with the roof panels and framing but you will need to do manual framing to show cross members as they are not in the same location so as you use purlins.

This is what I ended up with, I have this pub/office building, I am adding another story to it, i just needed to get asbuilt close

to show client and investors the before and after.

The glazed roof is all wonky, I will have to do more detailed measurements next time i get to site..

I made roof 1" thick glass, use roof planes to drop in roof beams under and then copied and pasted roof

beams above to represent glass frames...kind of crude but I think it will work for now, 

243199354_sunroomroof2.thumb.jpg.6f1111d55cf42d4ca0154c52f9c782ff.jpg 402908728_sunroomroof1.thumb.jpg.89e0dcfcd7d50a0d9d3cecd20fc5f235.jpg