shutters

winterdd

20 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Hey guys and gals, in certain situations CA can automatically develop a shutter style as shown below in red. How can we do this manually?

image.thumb.png.52ba7cc277ac4240e3ab0e4fbd442253.png

You would need to create a custom shutter and apply it by using Library  as the shutter Type

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Hey guys and gals, in certain situations CA can automatically develop a shutter style as shown below in red. How can we do this manually?

You can turn off the window casings and then create a pass-thru opening for the exterior casing and shutters. I would initially create the pass-thru next to the windows and then center the pass-thru with the two windows. The shutters will match the arch of the pass-thru.

window shutters.jpg

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, SabGroup said:

You can turn off the window casings and then create a pass-thru opening for the exterior casing and shutters. I would initially create the pass-thru next to the windows and then center the pass-thru with the two windows. The shutters will match the arch of the pass-thru.

window shutters.jpg

Looks like you have a PC setup like mine. How do you like the Alienware X15 w/ CA X14?

1 minute ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Looks like you have a PC setup like mine. How do you like the Alienware X15 w/ CA X14?

It is a great laptop. I just set it to quiet mode and it handles chief architect x15 and twinmotion at the same time.

1 hour ago, SabGroup said:

You shouldn't need to create overlapping openings in most situations. If you manually mull the two windows and arch the mulled unit, you can add shutters to the mulled unit and the shutters will arch. If you want automatic radial lites, you'll have to arch the mulled unit and the component window.

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

You would need to create a custom shutter and apply it by using Library  as the shutter Type

You need to do this if the parametric styles aren't what you want.

image.thumb.png.f5294afbdac4ea50d6245ed9327223e9.png

ArchedShutters.plan

1 hour ago, JacobB said:

You shouldn't need to create overlapping openings in most situations. If you manually mull the two windows and arch the mulled unit, you can add shutters to the mulled unit and the shutters will arch. If you want automatic radial lites, you'll have to arch the mulled unit and the component window.

I opened the attached plan in x15 and it doesn't show arched shutters. I am also unable to make them arched in the way described.

window shutters3.jpg

12 minutes ago, SabGroup said:

I opened the attached plan in x15 and it doesn't show arched shutters. I am also unable to make them arched in the way described.

It's actually an X12 plan. I assumed it worked the same in X15, but didn't check. I'll have to look into that.

Edit: as long as you don't need automatic radial lites, removing the arch from the component will let you arch the mulled unit.

1 minute ago, JacobB said:

It's actually an X12 plan. I assumed it worked the same in X15, but didn't check. I'll have to look into that.

Weird. This file initially caused the program to go haywire and it tried to download a file that I had archived. It then froze and I had to force close the program. 

I restarted chief and the file opened normally, but the shutters showed as in the picture I attached.