Change Window Discription?

ACADuser

Any way to change the default "Fixed Glass" to "Direct Set" in a plan?

I can do it through Select Similar & override the description but if I change the type in the future I will have to fiddle with the description.

The GC is overly picky.

Place this in the Description field in your window Defaults:

%automatic_description.sub("Fixed Glass", "Direct Set")%

I have some other macros that also switch all the other window types as well (Right Sliding = OX, Left Sliding = XO, Fixed Glass = Direct Set, etc.) so that it can all be done in one place.

• Like 1

Macros is how I do it as well (in my template)...we used to be able to edit the program files to change the default label (long long ago)...would be nice to have the ability to adjust the default window labels so no macros are needed or create our own window defaults and labels...similar to room names, etc.

Sort of related to this topic...

I was looking at Alan's problem and immediately thought create a custom window type and name it "direct set."

But, then I noticed that -- unlike doors -- there are only predefined window types and no way to add a Library window type.  I wonder why Chief does not allow custom windows?  Object-wise, they are pretty much the same thing.  Am I missing something?

Jim