Window and Door Schedules

BruceKC

We've used Autocad Architecture for decades and moved about a year and a half ago to CA.  We love the program and the support and community, so thanks to everyone for your help.  We are now beginning to use the door and window schedules and really like how accurate they are, but we're a bit perplexed as to where to place them.  Where do all of you place them in your drawings?  Currently we're placing them on the floor plans themselves, but that takes a lot of room.  On the other hand, placing them on a Cover Sheet seems a bit awkward as the builder or homeowner would have to traverse several pages back and forth to see which label applies to which window or door.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, OkcDesigner said:

I use Door and Window labels, that give most builders and subs what they want on floor plans.

That allows you to put the schedule anywhere in the plan set for anyone needing more info, for a specific door or window. 

Exactly.  But to be more precise, I put all schedules in CAD Detail Windows so they can be sent to any Layout Page.

Generally I will have 1 or more such pages specifically identified in the Layout Page Table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Exactly.  But to be more precise, I put all schedules in CAD Detail Windows so they can be sent to any Layout Page.

Generally I will have 1 or more such pages specifically identified in the Layout Page Table.

Thank you Joe, I have been doing the same thing, and forgot to mention that CAD Detail Window, so they can be sent to any Layout Page

• Like 1

I also send the Schedules (as CAD details) to their own dedicated layout page.  I've watched how our contractors work and they tend to take the floorplan page and the schedules page out of the construction docs and tape them to the wall for each room.  There is also a duplicate copy of construction docs on site if anyone needs a full set. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OkcDesigner said:

CAD Detail Window,

forgot to state that, I do that as well, the schedules are already on my template plan in a CAD Detail called "Schedules", and my template layout already has the Schedules CAD detail on it. So I dont really do anything to the schedules unless I have to limit to a certain floor. Otherwise they just show up when I print.

I also put WxH on the floor plan after the schedule number

image.png.6a454faef34ea1fe5440ea4fead516f2.png

layout

image.thumb.png.5eae5d42d936565221dc50d4c0eeabbd.png