Living Areas

lhwalker

You have control over how living area is calculated.  You can have it go to the outside of wall surfaces or the main layer (framing) in your general plan defaults.  You can also change which rooms are included in the room dialog.  You can use the "make living area polyline" tool to generate a poly showing the area you want and turn on the label showing the area.

See if this support article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00424/changing-how-square-footage-is-calculated.html

Thank you for your response, I need to expand my question, If I am trying to generat a area schedule showing the living area, garage area, porch, patio

how do I separate out these areas? I don't see a way to to make a polyline that would only select the garage or patio area.

This seams like a simple task to do but I am struggling with it in this program, I must admit I am converting from Softplan to this program...

You can also put polylines into a schedule.  So you could generate polylines for the rooms you want to show and generate a schedule that shows the areas.  You can even combine the polylines as needed to just show garage space, patio space, and living areas.