Roof framing causes small gap in ceiling on porch

OldBarnDesign

Go to solution Solved by OldBarnDesign,

• Solution

I know I've seen somebody on here post a solution to this one, pretty sure it was a @solver or @SNestor video (I'm seen a bunch of them and for the life of me couldn't find the right video on either one of your channels, sorry gents). I've got a porch ceiling where there is a visible gap in height between the soffit and the ceiling. If I recall, this is chief adjusting for the rafter framing, you can see in the DBX is 9 1/4." I've tried playing with both the rafter size and many of the fascia settings and I can't seem to get them to match up. 

Hopefully this is a softball for somebody, thanks in advance!

badceiling_dbx.jpg

badceiling.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, OldBarnDesign said:

I know I've seen somebody on here post a solution to this one, pretty sure it was a @solver or @SNestor video (I'm seen a bunch of them and for the life of me couldn't find the right video on either one of your channels, sorry gents). I've got a porch ceiling where there is a visible gap in height between the soffit and the ceiling. If I recall, this is chief adjusting for the rafter framing, you can see in the DBX is 9 1/4." I've tried playing with both the rafter size and many of the fascia settings and I can't seem to get them to match up. 

Hopefully this is a softball for somebody, thanks in advance!

badceiling_dbx.jpg

badceiling.jpg

Your soffit Int is following the structure you have a 9 1/4” roof structure and a 7 1/4” gable sun fascia.  2” gap

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, OldBarnDesign said:

Thank you! I've got it logged into my memory now.

Glad it helped out.

just an fyi and probably the reason someone downvoted your comment above.

1.) It’s considered bad form to mark yourself as the correct answer unless you figured it out on your own and detailed out the response for others.  The marking correct answer helps others who have the same question to find the correct answer.

2.) marking the correct answer helps others who are searching to get their answer quickly.

• Upvote 2

It was literally a mis-click. You both helped me solve the problem and I couldn't give you both credit @rgardner@Kbird1. I thought I had clicked on Ryan's response and then wanted to see if I could click on the Mick's reply as well. Had no idea I clicked on my own. People are quick to hate these days, rather than give someone the benefit of the doubt.  Regardless, note taken on the etiquette.

Thanks again both of you! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OldBarnDesign said:

It was literally a mis-click. You both helped me solve the problem and I couldn't give you both credit @rgardner@Kbird1. I thought I had clicked on Mr. Gardner and then wanted to see if I could click on the other reply as well. Had no idea I clicked on my own. People are quick to hate these days, rather than give someone the benefit of the doubt.  Regardless, note taken on the etiquette.

Thanks again both of you! 

No harm done here Cody...... your are right about the Haters these days.....

M.

• Upvote 2