Help with terrain

Jambruins

13 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, the program is showing the terrain as it exists at the elevation cut line and beyond.

I have never (seldom, should say) been able to get automatic terrain lines to show how I want in elevation. I turn them off and use CAD.

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

Nothing, the program is showing the terrain as it exists at the elevation cut line and beyond.

I have never (seldom, should say) been able to get automatic terrain lines to show how I want in elevation. I turn them off and use CAD.

The trick in the section view is to use cad lines and you can use the terrain perimeter layer to assist in creating those likes by doing a view to cad, deleting the lines that you don't want, adding lines to fill in where you need them, then making all the cad lines you want into a block.  Edit the block and change the lines to some custom layer such as "terrain section 1" and then save it.  Now go back to the section view, turn off the terrain perimeter layer, and use past and hold to past the block.  If you can't see it, make sure that you turn on your custom layer.  That should be what you need.

2 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

The trick in the section view is to use cad lines and you can use the terrain perimeter layer to assist in creating those likes by doing a view to cad, deleting the lines that you don't want, adding lines to fill in where you need them, then making all the cad lines you want into a block.  Edit the block and change the lines to some custom layer such as "terrain section 1" and then save it.  Now go back to the section view, turn off the terrain perimeter layer, and use past and hold to past the block.  If you can't see it, make sure that you turn on your custom layer.  That should be what you need.

Doug, maybe you meant to quote the thread author. I don't have any problems showing terrain in elevations, but thanks for the info.

You can probably edit your post to tag the OP so he is sure to be notified of your great tips.

3 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Doug, maybe you meant to quote the thread author. I don't have any problems showing terrain in elevations, but thanks for the info.

You can probably edit your post to tag the OP so he is sure to be notified of your great tips.

Chris

I was just adding to your good post.

• Like 1