Walk Thru Playback Problem

MAINEWOOD59

Go to solution Solved by MAINEWOOD59,

I get that on longer videos pretty often.  The solution I found was to download free program from Anysoft called Any Video Converter.  I then just convert the video file to a "custom .AVI" at the higher resolution (even if the file is already an .avi file.  The file then opens fine for me.  For some reason, if I keep the video under 29 seconds, it opens fine without having to go through these additional steps.  

Check your file sizes.  If they are big....like 500mg+, you have the wrong codec set.  For some reason the program comes by default set to IYUV.   This needs to be changed to "XVID" under Preferences>Render>Codec options.   You may have to download and install the XVID codec.   Just google and install.

Once you use that I can make a 2min walk-through that is only about 60mb.

They should make this more clear for people and I found it by accident somehow.   I used to get 1gb vids and have to convert with Microsoft movie maker to get them to play.

• Solution

Check your file sizes.  If they are big....like 500mg+, you have the wrong codec set.  For some reason the program comes by default set to IYUV.   This needs to be changed to "XVID" under Preferences>Render>Codec options.   You may have to download and install the XVID codec.   Just google and install.

Once you use that I can make a 2min walk-through that is only about 60mb.

They should make this more clear for people and I found it by accident somehow.   I used to get 1gb vids and have to convert with Microsoft movie maker to get them to play.

This worked! Thank you!

I tried the convert video download but the resulting conversion was not of the same viewing quality.  Thanks to all...

I have been working on walkthroughs recently on an exterior project basically using an arc as the path.  I just downloaded and installed the xvid codec and

have a problem on the first walkthrough I have done using it.  See attached..  Main preview pane is screwed up.  THe other panes look fine.  It plays fine in

Windows media player but this is what I get in movie maker.  Others I have done in movie maker are all fine.  Could it be the codec?  IF so why only in movie

maker and not media player as they are both Microsoft?  The only other difference is that I converted the arc to a spline and made some adjustments.

I will have to play with some settings to see what is causing this.  THe whole movie has that skewed look. 

post-132-0-24669500-1423066515_thumb.jpg