Doorway Plan Display Line Settings

kristy3983

I know you can turn the top line display off for doorways or have it on but what I can't figure out is if you can change the dashed line to a solid line. I would like to use a solid light gray line instead of the default black dashed lines. Does anybody know where you can change this, or if you can?

Doorway Lines.PNG

I don't know of any way to change the line style.  You can change the color using the layer like Steve is showing above.  You can also turn on the layer for "opening header lines" but these will align with the framing instead of the wall surface.

• Upvote 1

To expand on and consolidate the advice already given by the gentlemen above:

• The line color and weight for those Top Edge lines is controlled by the layer on which the opening is placed.
  • The line style for the same Top Edge lines cannot be changed.  Its hard coded as a dashed line.
  • "Openings, Header Lines" can optionally be used and the line color, weight, and style can all be set as desired but those lines are drawn at the Main Layer extents, not at the finish layer extents, PLUS that layer ("Openings, Header Lines") controls the display of Header Lines for all openings which usually isn't what we want.
  • Unfortunately, you'll likely either have to manually overlay CAD to get what you want, or change your drafting standard a bit.

I would suggest you send in a suggestion to Tech Support requesting that we be given more refined control over the way Top Edge Lines are drawn.