How would you model this in Chief? House with steel exoskeleton, purlined and decked flat roof

GeneDavis

The very cool Metallark Tower, designed by one of the architects at SALA in Minneapolis.  20 foot by 20 foot footprint, some all-glass walls, a structural frame of corten steel that has half its members outside the walls, and a dead-flat roof with large overhangs done with purlins and heavy gage steel decking.

I did a two-story box with 2x4 framing and no roof, and after getting help here with window shaping, can replicate the inside and the envelope with its glass, but is all the rest going to be an array of solids?  I can do it readily, as I have already modeled the stuff in Sketchup, but are there Chief methods that will model the corrugated decking, the steel, etc?  The rusty corrugated steel siding?

Screenshot 2022-10-24 175753.jpg

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

The very cool Metallark Tower, designed by one of the architects at SALA in Minneapolis.  20 foot by 20 foot footprint, some all-glass walls, a structural frame of corten steel that has half its members outside the walls, and a dead-flat roof with large overhangs done with purlins and heavy gage steel decking.

I did a two-story box with 2x4 framing and no roof, and after getting help here with window shaping, can replicate the inside and the envelope with its glass, but is all the rest going to be an array of solids?  I can do it readily, as I have already modeled the stuff in Sketchup, but are there Chief methods that will model the corrugated decking, the steel, etc?  The rusty corrugated steel siding?

Screenshot 2022-10-24 175753.jpg

So from this picture I personally would have probably just used glass walls and manually placed columns floor and roof should be pretty easily accomplished.

The floors and glass walls are all Chief.  The vertical columns and angled steel is either solids or molding poly lines. It's a valid choice either way.

Just out of curiosity, the real world image sheds a lot of light on what the end result would be.

That entire building can be done with Chief and a combination of solids no problem.  

https://visitnordlys.com/cabin/metallark-tower/

Snip20221024_82.png