Fences and Railings not showing in Materials Library

KnotSquare

Watching the video "Adding Glass or Cable Rail Panels to Stairs" on YouTube because I thought I was doing something wrong. When I type "cable" into the search, cable railings did not come up. There was no "Fences and Railings" category in my Library. I searched for "fence" and got the image below, first attachment.

Now, I wanted to set this up as my default for the project. Again, there is no "Fences and Railings" listed in the folders. As you can see, searching the word fence did not help here as shown in the attachment "Fence Search in Defaults".

I did update my libraries before doing all this.

Any suggestions?

Default Settings.png

Fence Search.png

Fence.png

David,

Fences and Railings is missing from my Materials Library. See the images in my initial message.

I do not have this...

I had to search fences to get it to show up in my Materials Library, but if you look at the other images, it does not show up in the Library when I try to select it as a railing default.

It used to be there. Seems an update has made it dissappear.

Going to do a full reboot and see if now that I have made it appear in the Library Browser if it will follow through in other parts of the software.

Mark

Fences and Railings Circled.png

Not the issue. Notice my Library Browser on the far right has this item. When I try to set it as the panel default for my interior stairs it is not available.

"Fences and Materials" is not available inside of the default Library Materials.

Cable w Intersector Search.png

Full reboot had no effect.

I have searched for this, but cannot seem to find any similar issues except that Solver says he believes he may have seen it before.

I have tried a few searches, changing terms, but cannot narrow down under 5,000 answers.

I have the same inquiry into Chief Architect Support, but they are gone for the day.

Will just have to replace them one at a time until I get a solution. What is alarming is what other folders might I be missing?

Mark

Mark,

Cable railings are NOT supported (never have been) for stair objects. For specific railing types you have to turn off railings in  the stair dialog and then manually draw such railings using the railing wall tool setting such manually drawn railings to "follow stairs". This has been so for many versions.

DJP

• Downvote 1

I think you are going around in circles and confusing the Materials library and the general library.

Can you confirm wether you are trying to change the panel type or the material?

If you are trying to change the material, you will only see the materials in the Core library - you will not see any fences/railings.

• Upvote 1